How to Order Flowers for a Funeral
Flowers can be delivered to a memorial service, viewing, funeral service, graveside location, or the family's home. We have a wide variety of options available for the casket, service, and home of the grieving.
A wreath or spray on a free-standing easel is easy for funeral staff to place and move around and a beautiful addition to a funeral service.
Tabletop sympathy bouquets are especially beautiful to send. Our sympathy flowers for the home or office are wonderful options for family, friends, and coworkers when you are looking to send your condolences to their home.
Our skilled, compassionate staff at Lacy's Florist and The Flower Cottage will hand-arrange and hand-deliver your funeral flowers to the service or home with great care.
What Flowers Are Appropriate for a Funeral
- Lilies are a traditional funeral flower and are always appropriate
- Roses are common flowers for funerals and come in a variety of colors for every funeral style
- Gladioli make wonderful standing fan sprays and are a traditional funeral flower
- Carnations are fragrant, long-lasting, and perfect for a sympathy flower arrangement
- Chrysanthemums are sent specifically for funerals in many cultures as well
- Orchids express one's sympathy and typically represent eternal love
Sending a potted plant to a grieving individual or family is a lovely gesture. Hydrangeas and orchids are ideal choices. The hydrangea can be planted outside at a later point in the grieving process, while orchids make an uplifting visual statement when a family is in mourning.